- We wear different varieties of socks almost every day, and there are so many different kinds. Some are better than others as far as quality and comfort. With so many different styles to choose from, it's important to know which size and type is right for your needs.
- Generally there are three different sizes for menís socks; there are also special sizes produced for larger feet and ankles:
- Medium/Youth (shoe size sizes 3-9).
- Large (shoe size 6-12).
- Extra Large (shoe size 12-16).
- Menís socks come in many different varieties:
- Dress Socks:
- Over the calf length.
- Mid-calf length.
- Some styles are available with a support band around the arch, and some styles have the ability to wick away moisture. They are categorized into five basic styles listed from shortest ankle cuff to tallest:
- Quarter length
- Crew length
- Tube sock
- Work/heavy duty.
- Socks for specific sports.
- Diabetic/medical needs socks.
- Womenís socks are available in a large array of styles, sizes, and colors.
- Generally, the sizes run medium/large (shoe size 4-10) and extra-large (shoe size 10-12).
- Because of the numerous different styles of footwear, there are socks specifically designed to wear with certain types of styles.